This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Spiced Carrot Soup
Source: Natural Teaching Kitchen / Jennifer Richter (Entered by Jennifer Richter)
This carrot soup is a flavor roller coaster and a beautiful spring color!
If curry isn’t a flavor for you, put in a spice you like! A recipe is only a guideline.
For more recipes and pictures, visit www.NaturalTeachingKitchen.com
Step by Step Instructions
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil, add onion and garlic cook about 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the carrots and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper, cook about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high, add the stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend all ingredients in pot to make smooth with a hand mixer.
- Pour soup into bowls, drizzle with yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Switch Up! If you are one of my carnivores, preheat the oven to 350, line a baking sheet with a wire rack, place prosciutto on the rack lined baking sheet. Bake until crisp about 20 minutes. Let it cool, and top soup with Crispy Prosciutto along with Greek Yogurt, & Cilantro.
Comments added by fellow market members.