This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (22)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Butternut Squash Parmesan Gratin
Source: foodnetwork.com (Entered by Closed Account)
This recipe can be prepared through step 4 and frozen for later use.
1 Butternut squash 2 1/2 pounds
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat oven to 375 F. Spray 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor. Do no let butter brown.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of the butter garlic mixture.
- Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425 F; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle parsley over top.