This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Asian Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls
Source: aggieskitchen.com (Entered by Closed Account)
These Asian style cabbage rolls are a great twist on stuffed cabbage. They are light and healthy, yet still a filling ‘one-pot’ meal perfect for busy work nights.
Time saving tip: Prepare the rolls ahead of time (without water) and refrigerate until ready for baking.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare your filling by gently combining uncooked beef (or turkey), shredded carrots, cooked rice (or quinoa), garlic, ginger, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili sauce and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- To make your leaves easy to roll, use a rolling pin to flatten to make the leaves more pliable. If you find that your leaves are on the smaller side, use two to a roll, overlapping both ends to make one big leaf.
- Spoon your filling to each leaf. Carefully roll each leaf tightly and place side by side in a large baking dish. Pour 1 cup of water over stuffed cabbage rolls and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Serve with juices from the baking dish and additional chili sauce.
Comments added by fellow market members.